POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:53:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: scott
Date: 30 Jan 2009 05:12:41
Message: <4982d299$1@news.povray.org>
> No. But you make it sound as if all M$'s problems are because computer
> hardware is unreliable.

IME, every time I am called because of a friend/family computer "not
working", it is nothing to do with MS.  I can give you a long list of
reasons, mostly due to other software, hardware malfunction or drivers, but
none MS.

> This is manifestly not the case. M$'s problems are because they produce
> poor quality products.

I use MS products daily on 3 or 4 machines and cannot remember the last time
one of them crashed or when MS Office behaved badly.

You mention corrupted Word documents, but IIRC we decided that was due to
everyone using the same template/file that was corrupted and spreading this
corruption through all your documents.  This is not really a fault of MS
Office, especially when you didn't even use the "Open and Repair" command
which would have probably fixed the problem.