POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jan 2009 17:06:45
Message: <49822875$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Is there such thing from MS?

What, watching for changes without polling?  There have been multiple ways
to do that sort of thing for years and years. I think Win95 had it, and more
recently with NTFS you have the USN journal, so your program doesn't even
need to be running to watch for changes.

> I'll shout "Finally" rather than croon. One thing I've been missing on
> Windows since the 90's.

Well, there's a bunch of add-on packages that do a decent job of it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"