POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jan 2009 22:45:56
Message: <498277f4$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> I see MS doing lots of new things that aren't on Linux, tho. You don't
>> stay ahead by not inventing anything new.
>>
> What exactly?

BTW, have you looked at Microsoft's open source OS called Singularity? It's
pretty darn innovative. I guess if you never actually look at what research
MS is publishing, you're unlikely to find anything they're doing new, no.

> want at all, or trust, *or* someone goes, "Gee, doesn't GFBunk (or some
> similarly weirdly named thing) already do that on such an such OS?"

BTW, can you name me perhaps three things that Linux does that's
distinctively new and innovative? Because I thought about it for a couple
hours, and I can't think of anything significant I can do in Linux that I
wasn't doing on Version 7 in 1983 or so, except internet stuff which is new
with BSD 4.2 about oh 15+ years ago?  Linux doesn't even go as far as Apple
did and rearrange the file system or fix the X-Windows subsystem.  Heck,
even NeWS would be better than X.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"