POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How to animate growth? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  How to animate growth? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: andrel
Subject: How to animate growth?
Date: 17 Jan 2009 06:21:51
Message: <4971BFB6.8010207@hotmail.com>
I may be trying to reanimate part of the earliest stages of the
development of the heart. This is for educational purposes, just to be
able to tell what is going on. We have microscopic reconstructions of a
number of stages. The object is mainly 2 dimensional but highly curved.
What I need to do is fit some object with far fewer parameters than the
original voxel data. Do that for one stage and use only deformation to
get to the next level that is in general more complicated. There has to
be a smooth interpolation between stages and the should be UV mapped
because we want to show additional data in color.

I think I can mostly get away with a set of bezier surfaces, but I did
not like the control I had in blender when I tried something similar a
few years ago. At that time I decided to fall back on Matlab to write
the necessary SDL files. It seems to me that most of the support for
animation in various programs is more aimed at animating objects than on
growing and changing.

What would the knowledgeable people here recommend?
- use blender, perhaps a different primitive (I do use blender
regularly, but only the basics)
- wings or another program?
- any other suggestions?

Post a reply to this message