POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Just a passing thought on religion (Message 91 to 100 of 176)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Just a passing thought on religion
Date: 14 Jan 2009 16:38:21
Message: <496e5b4d$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> So, yes, there is a "value" that come with it, which you don't have
> without it.

I disagree that spirituality without a personal sky daddy is necessarily
better than a spirituality with a personal sky daddy.

(I use the term "personal sky daddy" as a mildly derogatory way of referring
to the generic supernatural deity that has a personal interest in your
well-being and behavior, rather than a generic "god that created the
universe" kind of thing.  This tends to forstall the silly "what if god
created physics and then let everything take its course" kind of arguments.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message