POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell Server Time
10 Oct 2024 12:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Haskell (Message 27 to 36 of 106)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Haskell
Date: 11 Dec 2008 16:12:17
Message: <49418231@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:

> It sounds like you are getting / are very involved with Haskell and know
>  at least more than me about its inner workings.
>
> FWIW Why not start writing some of the things that you just mentioned
> down and make them available.
>
> You could provide a web site with simple articles explaining some of
> these things.
>
> You could turn it into a <gasp> published book </gasp>.

I have written one or two small things...

http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/332
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/49
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/40

http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/37
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/38
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/39

http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/34
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/32

...just the odd item. I stopped when I realised that nobody ever reads
any of this stuff, because I am the only human alive who gives a ****
about Haskell.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Tom Austin
Date: 11 Dec 2008 16:40:16
Message: <494188c0$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Tom Austin wrote:
>
>> It sounds like you are getting / are very involved with Haskell and
>> know  at least more than me about its inner workings.
>>
>> FWIW Why not start writing some of the things that you just mentioned
>> down and make them available.
>>
>> You could provide a web site with simple articles explaining some of
>> these things.
>>
>> You could turn it into a <gasp> published book </gasp>.
>
> I have written one or two small things...
>
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/332
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/49
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/40
>
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/37
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/38
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/39
>
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/34
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/32
>
> ....just the odd item. I stopped when I realised that nobody ever reads
> any of this stuff, because I am the only human alive who gives a ****
> about Haskell.

I see that they are under a blog entry for Haskell.
There are 12 entries - but I bet you could write up a bunch more if you
thought about it.

Now, set up a web site that is dedicated to Haskell.
Web site hosting is cheap & setting up an actual site isn't too hard either.

I am saying this because I believe that your interest in Haskell can do
something for you besides being a nerdy pastime.

I am encouraging you to take something that you enjoy and have a passion
for and make it into something.

Who knows, you may actually be able to contribute some significant material.

Now, if I can only take my own advice.

Tom

Post a reply to this message

> I see that they are under a blog entry for Haskell.
> There are 12 entries - but I bet you could write up a bunch more if you
> thought about it.
>
> Now, set up a web site that is dedicated to Haskell.
> Web site hosting is cheap & setting up an actual site isn't too hard
> either.

More to the point, I already have a web host. (Guess where my blog is...)

I guess I should work on getting Indoculate working properly again...
Then I can set about writing stuff. ;-)

> Now, if I can only take my own advice.

Well isn't *that* the thing? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

>> I see that they are under a blog entry for Haskell.
>> There are 12 entries - but I bet you could write up a bunch more if
>> you thought about it.
>>
>> Now, set up a web site that is dedicated to Haskell.
>> Web site hosting is cheap & setting up an actual site isn't too hard
>> either.
>
> More to the point, I already have a web host. (Guess where my blog is...)
>
> I guess I should work on getting Indoculate working properly again...
> Then I can set about writing stuff. ;-)

I do believe that you have a wealth of knowledge that others can benefit
from - more than just on a blog or forum.

>> Now, if I can only take my own advice.
>
> Well isn't *that* the thing? ;-)

And having others encourage me and point out some directions makes it
all that much easier.

Post a reply to this message