POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell : Re: Haskell Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Dec 2008 11:53:17
Message: <494296fd$1@news.povray.org>
>> Heh. The hard part is figuring out how to take a big heap of knowledge
>> and structure it into something coherant with a logical order to is
>> that somebody else might even be able to follow. ;-)
>
> you know the types of things you already have
>
> Start putting together some data structure that you can 'copy' your
> current data into and then add to at will.
>
> Don't worry to much about making it look perfect - just get the data out
> there and have your backend fully functional.  You can always change
> what a web page looks like - CSS, but it can be a PITA to change how you
> store the data.

Hence Indoculate - my tool that accepts a markup language I invented
which exactly matches the structure I want, and turns it into something
that a computer will accept. (Basically HTML or PDF.) But it's currently
broken... *sigh*

>> Damn, if I had more friends, I'd probably get a whole lot more done...
>> ;-)
>
> you do have friends here
>
> you just don't know what they look like  ;-)

For somebody as lacking in motivation and self-belief as me, a much
higher level of encouragement would be useful... :-S

I could have written something today, but I've basically spent my entire
day sitting reading web comics because I couldn't be bothered to start
anything. "Who's going to read it anyway?"