POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell : Re: Haskell Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell
From: Tom Austin
Date: 11 Dec 2008 16:40:16
Message: <494188c0$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Tom Austin wrote:
>
>> It sounds like you are getting / are very involved with Haskell and
>> know  at least more than me about its inner workings.
>>
>> FWIW Why not start writing some of the things that you just mentioned
>> down and make them available.
>>
>> You could provide a web site with simple articles explaining some of
>> these things.
>>
>> You could turn it into a <gasp> published book </gasp>.
>
> I have written one or two small things...
>
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/332
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/49
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/40
>
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/37
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/38
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/39
>
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/34
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/32
>
> ....just the odd item. I stopped when I realised that nobody ever reads
> any of this stuff, because I am the only human alive who gives a ****
> about Haskell.

I see that they are under a blog entry for Haskell.
There are 12 entries - but I bet you could write up a bunch more if you
thought about it.

Now, set up a web site that is dedicated to Haskell.
Web site hosting is cheap & setting up an actual site isn't too hard either.

I am saying this because I believe that your interest in Haskell can do
something for you besides being a nerdy pastime.

I am encouraging you to take something that you enjoy and have a passion
for and make it into something.

Who knows, you may actually be able to contribute some significant material.

Now, if I can only take my own advice.

Tom