POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Management perception (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: Tom Austin
Subject: Re: Management perception
Date: 2 Jul 2008 09:19:22
Message: <486b805a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> [Yes, that's a contradiction.]
>
> For that matter, the top-management plan is to increase profits by 20%.
> I have yet to hear anything about *how* this is supposed to happen.
> They've muttered something about "oh, uh, yeah, we're going to hire more
> sales staff". But so far, I've yet to see anybody hired.
>
> What I *have* seen is that virtually every week we have a new lab worker
> starting here. So we're hiring huge numbers of lab staff, but from what
> I hear, our lab is a bit quiet at the moment. And there's not much
> future work showing up on the horizon either.
>

> It's a mad, mad world...

I have learned that either you trust management to make the right
decisions or you leave.

That doesn't mean that you are happy with the decisions or understand
them throughly.  If the manager took the time to get you to understand
everything in a decision and agree with the decision - you might as well
be the manager.

It is kinda like you taking care of the computer network.  People will
always second guess you and think you should do something different, but
they don't have the same perspective that you have.

I'm not excusing management behavior - there are plenty of jerks out
there - I know a few.

Just some fish food.

Tom

Post a reply to this message

> It is kinda like you taking care of the computer network.  People will
> always second guess you and think you should do something different, but
> they don't have the same perspective that you have.

Most annoying when those "people" have superior rank to me and can
overrule my decisions... :-/

> Just some fish food.

Yeah.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> It is kinda like you taking care of the computer network.  People will
>> always second guess you and think you should do something different,
>> but they don't have the same perspective that you have.
>
> Most annoying when those "people" have superior rank to me and can
> overrule my decisions... :-/

If they don't trust you to do your job, then maybe you need a new job.

Weren't you sending resumes out a while ago?  What happened with those?

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message