POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception : Re: Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management perception
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jul 2008 12:24:01
Message: <486cfd21$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Poor decisions are one thing. When you carefully explain why a dicision
> is bad, and you get a reply that says no it isn't - no explaination,
> just "I think you're wrong" - it's rather irritating.

You can always ask for an explanation.  "Please teach me where in my
chain of reasoning I made a mistake? Is B really not a problem? It
sounds like C will lose us customers; how do we avoid that?" Things like
that. He might just not want to take time to explain it, so ask him for
the time. (Or, as has been said, he might just have his head up his butt.)

> Or when I say "I need to do X", and they say "nah, I don't think that's
> necessary". Er, well actually, yes it is. But hey, they're not the ones
> who are going to get screamed at when the auditors can. I am.

Again, "isn't that part of the legal requirements outlined in section
XYZ of the how-to-make-auditors-like-you manual?"

I mean, I'm sure you ask these questions, but in my experience,
persistence helps. Half the time the manager is being a dork, it's
because he isn't actually thinking about the problem, and making a
decision based on an off-the-cuff analysis.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: