POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception : Re: Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management perception
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Jul 2008 11:39:12
Message: <486cf2a0$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:

> But again, you don't know what all they need to consider when making
> decisions.
>
> What you might think as small and inconsequential can have repercussions
> that a good manager needs to take care of.  Sometimes the manager cannot
> discuss them due to confidentiality issues or the like.

It just annoys me when some manager says "we should do X". And I
carefully explain "X is a bad idea because of A, B, C, D, E and F". And
the manager says "...yeah, well, I don't think those are problems". I
mean, WTF can you say to that??

> That said, I am not defending poor management.
> Don't work under someone like that.

Heh. If only I had a choice... ;-)

> Now, how do you think a manager feels when you grumble about their
> decisions.

Poor decisions are one thing. When you carefully explain why a dicision
is bad, and you get a reply that says no it isn't - no explaination,
just "I think you're wrong" - it's rather irritating.

Or when I say "I need to do X", and they say "nah, I don't think that's
necessary". Er, well actually, yes it is. But hey, they're not the ones
who are going to get screamed at when the auditors can. I am.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/