POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception : Re: Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management perception
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Jul 2008 04:14:19
Message: <486c8a5b$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> If they don't trust you to do your job, then maybe you need a new job.

Maybe?

I think this one has already been proved multiple times over beyond any
semblence of doubt. ;-)

> Weren't you sending resumes out a while ago?  What happened with those?

Once or twice a week, some random agency would send me an email, I call
them, they tell me about some job I'm not really interested in, they
promise to let me know what happens with it, they never contact me ever
again. After a while, I stopped getting emails. (Although I keep getting
repeated auto-generated messages telling me to go work for HMGCC.)

I did go to one interview. The agency told me they wanted a programmer,
but what the company actually wanted was a customer support advisor.
Needless to say, that's not something I ever want to do. Company was
astounded that I managed to write half a dozen trivial SQL statements,
and the interviewer appeared to be trying to invent a job on the spot so
he could hire me. Not sure I liked the look of the company, frankly, but
they seemed quite keen to employ me - although in the end no job was
actually offered.

I have since spoken to that particular agency on numerous occasions.
They keep promising to send me to more interviews, but nothing has ever
happened.

At this point, I have completely run out of ideas. I've paid for the
services of a professional careers advice consultant - we'll see if
anything useful comes of that.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/