POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Internet censorship in Finland (Message 71 to 80 of 90)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Internet censorship in Finland
Date: 15 Feb 2008 15:19:15
Message: <47b5f3c3$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Agreed, but at the same time, the production of child pornography
> involves sexual abuse as well.  Like you said the world isn't black and
> white.

Yep. While the community is filtering the internet, it should make a
double-effort to protect the real life.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Feb 2008 15:21:00
Message: <47b5f42c$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:55:27 +0200, Eero Ahonen wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Agreed, but at the same time, the production of child pornography
>> involves sexual abuse as well.  Like you said the world isn't black and
>> white.
>
> Yep. While the community is filtering the internet, it should make a
> double-effort to protect the real life.

100% agreed.  One could argue that the content being available on the
'net might make it easier to catch the *real* criminals - and those
aren't the ones distributing the content, but those *creating* it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message