POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Warp
Date: 16 Feb 2008 05:19:11
Message: <47b6b89f@news.povray.org>
> > For the record, as sick as it sounds, the world is not black'n'white.
> > Those sick, pervert bastards will finds childs to see from somewhere -
> > and I'd feel more secure, if they were home alone, by the computer
> > instead of sneaking at playgrounds etc. No, I don't mean childporn
> > should be leagalized, but even less I want pedophiles near living
> > children.

> Agreed, but at the same time, the production of child pornography
> involves sexual abuse as well.

  Except that nowadays CGI can be used to produce almost anything that
doesn't involve real people. Even that is illegal in most countries,
though.

  Some people have argued that, even though a disgustingly sick form
of CGI, it could prevent some sick people from committing actual crimes
by giving them an outlet. However, even simulated childporn is illegal
to produce and to own in most countries, with severe penalties. This
may be too discouraging for many of these people, who don't dare to take
the risk. Then, when they have no outlet for their sickness, and it
stresses them long enough...
  (Of course the best thing they should do is to seek help for their
problem, but the current society makes sure that they won't. If their
problem leaks out, the witch-hunt will never stop for the rest of their
lives. That probably discourages most.)

--
                                                          - Warp