POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Tim Cook
Date: 16 Feb 2008 14:08:18
Message: <47b734a2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Agreed, but at the same time, the production of child pornography
>> involves sexual abuse as well.
>
>   Except that nowadays CGI can be used to produce almost anything that
> doesn't involve real people. Even that is illegal in most countries,
> though.

Even softcore nudity of real minors is classed under CP, which afaik
isn't necessarily sexual abuse.  The argument is something along the
lines of "creepy pedo will masturbate to this image at some point, that
is sexual abuse"...even if the model never even knows the pedo in
question exists, let alone meets.  It's pretty bizarre, imo.

As far as the argument of money/whatever payment being coercion so it's
all abuse even if all that happens is photography...how is it any
different for "adults" who do the same thing?  It's not even a matter of
maturity, since all the twenty-somethings *I* know are still in the
'woohoo, I'mma kid out from under the thumbs of my parents!" phase.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com