POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2008 16:27:00
Message: <47bc9b24$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I believe in the US they are much stricter about respecting people's
> constitutional rights than here. In the US the constitution is something
> officials *must* obey.

Supposedly. The most recent president has made a mess of that, simply
ignoring the constitution, and then ignoring the legislative branch
telling him not to ignore the constitution.

About the only "teeth" in the laws are when (for example) the police
arrest someone, break the rules, and the court says that the evidence
the police gathered illegally can't be used in the court case.

> Here the constitution is little more than just a
> set of suggested recommendations.

Oddly, our president has said pretty much that.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?