POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Demos Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:26 EDT (-0400)
  Demos (Message 31 to 38 of 38)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Demos
Date: 2 Nov 2007 06:08:03
Message: <472b0513@news.povray.org>
> I've seen it done with other programs, too, like C compilers noticing
> they're compiling SPECmark suites and such.

Even car manufacturers get on this too.  The ECU detects when the car is
being subject to the standard emissions and economy tests (to provide the
official figures for fuel consumption and CO2 emmissions) and then
deliberately runs in some special state to get better results.

Post a reply to this message