POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering 3D mesh Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering 3D mesh (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Rendering 3D mesh
Date: 19 Oct 2012 02:57:02
Message: <5080f9be$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-10-2012 20:42, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Vincent wrote:
>
>> and I don't think that there would be something wrong with triangles
>> (though I
>> prefer this one)becuase the STL file is generated by a 3D modeller
>> software.
>

> Looking a bit closer I think something is *seriously* wrong with
> your triangles
>
>   <1.35632e-019, 1.35632e-019, 1.35632e-019>,
>   <0.0147179, 0.999892, 0.000199087>,
>   <1.35632e-019, 1.35632e-019, 1.35632e-019>,
>   <0.0147179, 0.999892, 0.000199087>,
>   <0.000173748, 1.35632e-019, 3.35076e+012>,
>
> You don't want vertexs anywhere near z= e+012 ... ;)
>
> And the e-019 is also suspicious although it might just
> be a 0 with numerical errors.

What 3D modeller did you use, and what kind of model did you export to
POV-Ray? Those answers might help a lot.

Try to model a simple object in your modeller and export it the same way
to POV-Ray, for example a sphere or a torus. Does it show correctly in
POV-Ray?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message