POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering 3D mesh : Re: Rendering 3D mesh Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:55:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering 3D mesh
From: Vincent
Date: 20 Oct 2012 01:15:09
Message: <web.508232101e176d5077a444c20@news.povray.org>
> What 3D modeller did you use, and what kind of model did you export to
> POV-Ray? Those answers might help a lot.
>
> Try to model a simple object in your modeller and export it the same way
> to POV-Ray, for example a sphere or a torus. Does it show correctly in
> POV-Ray?
>
> Thomas

The original model has been created using Finite Element method in ANSYS.  It's
a relatively complicated model. I have been given a file of it in STL format,
which  by using stl2pov I converted it to  inc format. It's a huge file (312 Mb)
including over 14E6 triangles!!I exported this inc file in povray. I need to
simulate the light reflection properties of the model has been given to me.
Really need help!!

Vincent