POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering 3D mesh : Re: Rendering 3D mesh Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:54:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering 3D mesh
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Oct 2012 03:07:08
Message: <50824d9c$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-10-2012 7:10, Vincent wrote:
> The original model has been created using Finite Element method in ANSYS.  It's
> a relatively complicated model. I have been given a file of it in STL format,
> which  by using stl2pov I converted it to  inc format. It's a huge file (312 Mb)
> including over 14E6 triangles!!I exported this inc file in povray. I need to
> simulate the light reflection properties of the model has been given to me.
> Really need help!!

I am not familiar with ANSYS but maybe others here are. My guess is that
something went wrong at the conversion level or that the original object
got corrupted. Would it be possible to convert STL to OBJ (or any other
format supported by Poseray)? Then you could convert to POV-Ray using
Poseray, with as bonus a mesh2 object.

Thomas