POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stbenge Fastprox fast SSS Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  stbenge Fastprox fast SSS (Message 21 to 27 of 27)
From: Mr
Subject: Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS
Date: 3 Sep 2009 05:05:01
Message: <web.4a9f85d96629da5eac55fca00@news.povray.org>
What I meant, I see much less of a flicker now:
maurice.raybaud.eu/images/stories/FASTSSS.avi
though it doesn't mean there is none...

Here are my new settings for radiosity:
      pretrace_start 0.08
      pretrace_end   0.08
      count 70
      nearest_count 7
      error_bound 1.75
      recursion_limit 1
      low_error_factor 0.2
      gray_threshold 0
      minimum_reuse 0.025
      brightness 1.0
      adc_bailout 0.01/2
 always_sample off

For now I should focus on something else.
The color for instance is not satifying at all, mainly because of the use of
Ambient values > 0, I suppose. I also need to work on the mesh
Again, BSP is great!

Post a reply to this message

> For now I should focus on something else.
> The color for instance is not satifying at all, mainly because of the use of
> Ambient values > 0, I suppose.

You should change that indeed. Radiosity and ambient don't mix very well.

If you're not using ambient to model glowing objects, you can just set
"ambient_light" to zero.

Post a reply to this message