POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : night vision (or similar) needed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  night vision (or similar) needed (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Steven Borley
Subject: night vision (or similar) needed
Date: 24 Sep 2006 06:00:01
Message: <web.4516560d8fdbbf612e23de600@news.povray.org>
I'm new, please be kind.

I have simple scene. the only source of light is from a point light source
projecting through a slit in a wall that then falls on a prism.  I want the
resulting rainbow to illuminate the scene.

I have the scene set up and it works nicely, except the image produced is
too
dark. What can I do?

I cannot find any info on how to adjust the sensitivity of the camera.  I
cannot see how to get the same effect from spot lights or other light
sources as I need the slit shaped light source. Also, would spotlights
actually be brighter?

I would post the scene and image but I'm not allows to in this group -
should I ask in another group?

Regards,
steven

Post a reply to this message

> I have simple scene. the only source of light is from a point light source
> projecting through a slit in a wall that then falls on a prism.  I want the
> resulting rainbow to illuminate the scene.
>
> I have the scene set up and it works nicely, except the image produced is
> too
> dark. What can I do?

If the light is just too dark, just raise the RGB-Value on the
lightsource. If that doesn't work, why not post the image as a jpeg in
p.b.images and ask there? Descriptions of images often don't get as many
useful answers as showing the image itself. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"