POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : night vision (or similar) needed : Re: night vision (or similar) needed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: night vision (or similar) needed
From: Penelope20k
Date: 27 Sep 2006 04:09:21
Message: <451a31b1$1@news.povray.org>
You need to know which kind of illumination need to increase

FIRST:
if it is the whole scene which got a lack of light ..then use
    global_setting {
            assummed_gamma 1.1  ( less is the value , lighter is your
picture) (this light up the shadows, in fact the overall scene)

    also
 if there is not enought light sources for lighting you scene , you can add
    ambient_light 2.0 for exemple (i do not recommend to use this parameter)
}

SECOND:

If you think that the amouth of light from a particular light source is not
enough the increase the color by a factor color rgb 1.2*<0.1,06,1> instead
of <0.1,0.6,1> for exemple ..(increasing the color will not light the
shadows , that will light the illuminated partof the scene and darken the
shadows.)

LAST:
if you want to light the shadow, and contrast the scene, then use the
radiosity ..

in brief you must add the following

global_settings {
    assumed_gamma 2.2 // default value
   // ambient_light rgb <0.2,0.2,0.2>   // to use at last choice
    #include "rad_def.inc"
    radiosity{Rad_Settings(Radiosity_OutdoorLQ,off,off)} // look at the
'rad_def.inc' file into your pov/include folder
}