POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : night vision (or similar) needed : Re: night vision (or similar) needed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: night vision (or similar) needed
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 24 Sep 2006 08:51:25
Message: <45167f4d$1@news.povray.org>
Steven Borley wrote:
> I'm new, please be kind.
>
> I have simple scene. the only source of light is from a point light source
> projecting through a slit in a wall that then falls on a prism.  I want the
> resulting rainbow to illuminate the scene.
>
> I have the scene set up and it works nicely, except the image produced is
> too
> dark. What can I do?

A) as told, you could increase the RGB value

B) if I understood your image correctly, you could increase the light
sources (ie. put n+1 light sources in 'bout the same place)

C) if using radiosity, you could possibly increase the brightness -value

D) check your gamma settings

> I would post the scene and image but I'm not allows to in this group -
> should I ask in another group?

For images there's povray.binaries.images and for scene files there's
povray.binaries.scene-files. These are often mentioned as p.b.i and p.b.s-f.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net