POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : night vision (or similar) needed : Re: night vision (or similar) needed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: night vision (or similar) needed
From: Alain
Date: 28 Sep 2006 20:14:12
Message: <451c6554$1@news.povray.org>
Steven Borley nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 24/09/2006 15:05:
> Tim, Eero, and Alain, thank you so much.
>
> It has taken me some time to read through an understand your replies.  I
> didn't realise I could have light values that exceeded 1.0 - don't know but
> it just didn't occur to me.  First thing I did was to change my light source
> to...
>
> light_source { < 2, -0.5, 0 > 10*White }
>
> Now I have enough light. Actually now I see I have multi-path problems - but
> that's another thing, and I want to try and fix that myself.  I may try some
> of the other suggestions to. So nice to have choice! There is a good chance
> that the will be a combination that will give me just the effect I want.
>
> I have still have some questions related to the original problem, but I'll
> take your advice and ask where I can also post the image files.
>
> Thank you once again.
>
> Regards,
> Steven

Also, a light can have a negative value like rgb -1 to shed "darkness". In fact,
any colour can have negative values: rgb<-1,1,0> is legal and will apears as
green. You wont see the difference in a normal scene, but it will have an effect
on the surrounding in a radiosity scene.

--
Alain
"The way England treats her prisoners, she doesn't