POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : night vision (or similar) needed : Re: night vision (or similar) needed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: night vision (or similar) needed
From: Alain
Date: 24 Sep 2006 12:15:53
Message: <4516af39$1@news.povray.org>
Steven Borley nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 24/09/2006 05:56:
> I'm new, please be kind.
>
> I have simple scene. the only source of light is from a point light source
> projecting through a slit in a wall that then falls on a prism.  I want the
> resulting rainbow to illuminate the scene.
>
> I have the scene set up and it works nicely, except the image produced is
> too
> dark. What can I do?
>
> I cannot find any info on how to adjust the sensitivity of the camera.  I
> cannot see how to get the same effect from spot lights or other light
> sources as I need the slit shaped light source. Also, would spotlights
> actually be brighter?
>
> I would post the scene and image but I'm not allows to in this group -
> should I ask in another group?
>
> Regards,
> steven

You can use a value greater than 1 for the light.
You can use a filter or transmit value greater than 1 for the prism: this will
effectively amplify the light as it goes trough the prism. A pigment like "rgbt
2" is legal if not physicaly correct.
A spot_light is not brighter than a point_light. The rays of light outside of
the illumination cone are just suppressed.
You are right: there is no other way to get a rectangular light beam than to use
  a slit mask.
You need photons if you want the spectrum to apears projected on your scene.
You need radiosity if you want that spectrum to in turn illuminate the rest of
the scene.
If you use scattering media to make the beam visible and use radiosity, there is
NO way that the scattered light can illuminate the scene. The "media on"
radiosity option only allows emissive media to light the surrounding.

If the scene file is relatively short (less than 2K), it's possible to place
it's text here, but it's beter on povray.binaries.scene-files.
Post the images on povray.binaries.images.

--
Alain
'hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?'