POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation without clock Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Animation without clock (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Cesar
Subject: Animation without clock
Date: 24 Feb 2005 15:50:00
Message: <web.421e3dcd625e6befca7192a50@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I want to render a few images of the same scene, but with the camera in
differente places. Is it possible to make them all at once, reducing
raytracing time? Do I have to use a clock for this? Or there's some other
way?

Thanks,

Cesar

Post a reply to this message

> I want to render a few images of the same scene, but with the camera in
> differente places. Is it possible to make them all at once, reducing
> raytracing time? Do I have to use a clock for this? Or there's some other
> way?

You could use frame_number:

#switch(frame_number)
    #case(0)
        camera {...}
    #end
#end

Or like this:

#declare locations = array[3] {<1,2,3>,<4,5,6>,<7,8,9>};
#declare lookats = array[3] {<3,2,1>,<6,5,4>,<9,8,7>};

camera {
    location locations[frame_number]
    look_at lookats[frame_number]
}