POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation without clock : Re: Animation without clock Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation without clock
From: Cesar
Date: 24 Feb 2005 16:25:01
Message: <web.421e44f674fee23ca7192a50@news.povray.org>
Great! That's what I was looking for. But the performance question remains.
Will it be faster to render the scene like that rather than one image at a
time? I ask because I will automate this and there will be a c++ program
generating the .ini file(s). If I will render 20 images, should I generate
20 .ini files or just one and let povray deal with the animation?

If povray starts from the begining for every frame, then there's no speed
gain and I think i prefer to change the file for each image. But if povray
cut some steps cause they've been done before, the the speed gain might be
worthwhile.