POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation without clock : Re: Animation without clock Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation without clock
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Feb 2005 16:35:41
Message: <421e48ad@news.povray.org>
"Cesar" <ces### [at] terracombr> wrote in message

> I want to render a few images of the same scene, but with the camera in
> differente places. Is it possible to make them all at once, reducing
> raytracing time? Do I have to use a clock for this? Or there's some other
> way?

With the official version 3.6, yes; using the clock along with #switch()
#case() choices to select each different camera view. You're probably asking
about putting all views into a single image at rendertime, though, and that
cannot be done directly.

This has been a subject talked about plenty in the past so I looked for any
custom-patched POV-Ray's and only found a stereo view one at:
http://stereopov.ichthyostega.de/
At least that shows it could be done. Maybe someone else knows if another
kind exists, my mind is drawing a blank about it.

Bob Hughes