POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation without clock : Re: Animation without clock Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation without clock
From: Slime
Date: 24 Feb 2005 18:33:33
Message: <421e644d$1@news.povray.org>
> Great! That's what I was looking for. But the performance question
remains.
> Will it be faster to render the scene like that rather than one image at a
> time?

Each frame will take the same length of time to render regardless of whether
it's a frame of an animation or a separate pov file.

> If povray starts from the begining for every frame, then there's no speed
> gain and I think i prefer to change the file for each image. But if povray
> cut some steps cause they've been done before, the the speed gain might be
> worthwhile.

The only steps that are cut are things like the initialization of the
rendering engine. If I were you I'd do it all with one file as a single
animation render, unless the files are completely unrelated to each other.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]