POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation without clock : Re: Animation without clock Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation without clock
From: Mike Williams
Date: 24 Feb 2005 23:34:00
Message: <FUhJ5BAbpqHCFwK5@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Bob Hughes who wrote:

>You're probably asking
>about putting all views into a single image at rendertime, though, and that
>cannot be done directly.

It can be done directly in MegaPOV, using the "camera_view" pigment.

I've not checked what the speed is like, but I'd guess that it's slower
at RENDER time than doing two separate renders because POV has the
additional step of finding the surface onto which the camera_view
pigment is painted.

There might well be speed gains in situations where there's an object
that takes a large amount of PARSE time to construct, since it would
only need to be parsed once.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure