POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : absorption, mesh and light Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  absorption, mesh and light (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: kike
Subject: absorption, mesh and light
Date: 1 Mar 2007 05:15:00
Message: <web.45e6a78d514cda6cbe7bfb550@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody.
I'm trying to make the effect of an object burning and falling from the sky
so it should have a smoke tail (I guess you can imaging what Im talking
about). I thought I great idea would be to make a mesh with Wings3D and
then do something like:

interior{media{absorption 3}}

probably with density as well. But IT DOESN'T WORK. An here it goes my first
question DO MESH SUPPORT MEDIA?.

The second thing is that I know emission and scattering depend strongly on
the position of both light and camera. Absorption depends as well on the
relative position of light and camera?

Thank you

Post a reply to this message