POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : absorption, mesh and light : Re: absorption, mesh and light Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: absorption, mesh and light
From: Warp
Date: 1 Mar 2007 07:35:56
Message: <45e6c8ac@news.povray.org>
kike <dry### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> interior{media{absorption 3}}

> probably with density as well. But IT DOESN'T WORK. An here it goes my first
> question DO MESH SUPPORT MEDIA?.

  Did you test that the exact same interior definition works ok with
some other object (such as a sphere)? You should make sure that the
problem is not in your media definition before making the conclusion
that the problem is with the mesh.

  If the mesh forms a closed surface then, AFAIK, media should work just
fine with it. (This is what I remember. I might have to actually try it
in practice in case I remember wrong.)

--
                                                          - Warp