POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : absorption, mesh and light : Re: absorption, mesh and light Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: absorption, mesh and light
From: kike
Date: 2 Mar 2007 04:40:01
Message: <web.45e7ef82e5bdf9d1be7bfb550@news.povray.org>
Thanks to all of you. I used hollow from the very begining (I'm new user but
not so new) but that was not the problem. Finally Alain was right, the
problem was the background.

"Absorbing media will absorb light, will cast shadow and obscure what is
behind.
 Aspect is independant on the direction of incident light. It needs
something
 behind it to be obscured to be visible."

But sadly, background can not be changed in my image, so I will have to
change the way I model the smoke. Any idea? Anyone knows how smoke was done
in the image of Pearl Harbour?
http://hof.povray.org/7b.html
It seems to be done with small spheres...

Kike
My raytracing jobs are in:
http://personales.ya.com/robertoullan/