POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Practice makes perfect ? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Practice makes perfect ? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mahesh Padmanabhan
Subject: Practice makes perfect ?
Date: 16 Apr 2003 14:28:24
Message: <3e9da0c8@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have been playing around with povray and reading this newsgroup. I can
understand that using SDL for creating scenes with simple objects or a
combination thereof (cylinder, cone etc.) is quite handy (particularly
for me since I have a programming background).

What I don't understand is how SDL can be used to create complex scenes
with trees, people, faces etc. It would seem much more difficult to use
SDL than a modelling program. Or does it require practice ? That is,
once you start using SDL on a regular basis, you simply start imagining
even complex scenes intuitively in math. Is that true ?

Regards,
Mahesh

Post a reply to this message