POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Practice makes perfect ? : Re: Practice makes perfect ? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:30:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Practice makes perfect ?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 17 Apr 2003 19:34:58
Message: <cjameshuff-21642F.19345117042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e9da0c8@news.povray.org>,
 Mahesh Padmanabhan <new### [at] nospampranaemlcc> wrote:

> What I don't understand is how SDL can be used to create complex scenes
> with trees, people, faces etc. It would seem much more difficult to use
> SDL than a modelling program. Or does it require practice ? That is,
> once you start using SDL on a regular basis, you simply start imagining
> even complex scenes intuitively in math. Is that true ?

Part of it is simply practice and experience, part of it may just be a
different way of thinking. I don't have much difficulty visualizing what
the render will look like and writing code to generate it. Part of the
trick is to split the job into smaller parts and go at them one by
one...if you are trying to create an entire complex scene at once, you
will get confused.

It is usually these specifics that are difficult...you mentioned people
and faces, those are things that external modelling programs are
typically used for. Trees, on the other hand, are just too complex to do
by hand, a scripting language like POV uses makes it fairly easy.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/