POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Mike
Subject: Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface
Date: 6 Mar 2009 17:35:00
Message: <web.49b1a40e24e2961fc9b9f9f00@news.povray.org>
I have created two isosurface regions with a sine wave pattern.  They are
supposed to be two clear liquids in a tank.  They will have different
refractive indicies.  To test it, I have been trying to put the same refractive
index and the sine wave pattern should disappear.  It does not disappear
however.  And the visible "weird" pattern is a lot larger than the .0001 space
I have left between the regions (I have also tried doing a merge operator, but
I still cannot make the pattern vanish as it should with two regions with
identical properties).  I am aware that since I am rotating the pattern to
create the top region that I must account for this.  I have tried to, but
perhaps I have done it wrong; I have tried many possibilities actually.  The
code is below and I have posted an image in the image section.

Thanks,
Mike

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

global_settings{
 max_trace_level 25
}
sphere
{
  0, 1000 hollow pigment {color White}
}

camera {
     location  <0, 3, 20>
    look_at   <0, 3, 0>
    angle 20
   }

#declare Tank=
difference
{ box { <-2,.1,-2>,<2,5.1,2> }
  box { <-1.9,.2,-1.9>,<1.9,5.01,1.9> }
texture{
                 pigment{color rgbf<1, 1, 1,0.95>}
                    finish{
                        reflection {
         0.0, 1.0
        fresnel on

      }

                        conserve_energy
                 }
}

interior{ior 1.4 }//fade_power 2 fade_distance 2}
}

#declare MaterialAlcohol =
material {
  texture {
     pigment {
        color rgbf<1, 1, 1,1>
      }
 finish {
        ambient 0.0
        diffuse 0
         reflection {
          0.0, 1.0
          fresnel on
        }
        conserve_energy
        specular  0
        roughness 0
 }
  }
  }

#declare AlcoholRegion=

isosurface {
  function {
       //(y-2.9999)
       ( y-2.9999 + .1/2*(sin(3*6.2832*(x))-sin(3*6.2832*z)) )
      }
 evaluate 6, 1.4, 0.7

  accuracy .00001
  contained_by { box { <-1.899, .21, -1.899>, <1.899, 3.5, 1.899> } }
all_intersections

material { MaterialAlcohol }
  interior {
   ior 1.38
}
 }

#declare HeavyLiquidRegion=
isosurface {
  function {
   //(y-5)
    ( y-5 + .1/2*(sin(3*6.2832*x)+sin(3*6.2832*z))   )
  }
 evaluate 6, 1.4, 0.7
  accuracy .00001
  contained_by { box { <-1.899, 3, -1.899>, <1.899, 7.5, 1.899> } }
  all_intersections

material { MaterialAlcohol}
 interior {
    ior 1.38
}
 rotate 180*z
 translate 8*y
}

//merge{
object{HeavyLiquidRegion}
object{AlcoholRegion}
//}

  light_source {
    <4, 8, 10>
    color White
    spotlight
    radius 30
    falloff 14
    tightness 10
    point_at <0, 5, 0>
 }

object{Tank}
plane{x,-400 texture{pigment{White}finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}}
plane{x,400 texture{pigment{White}finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}}
plane{z,-100 texture{pigment{White}finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}}
plane{z,400 texture{pigment{White}finish{ambient 1 diffuse 1}}}

//plane{y,0 texture{pigment{White}finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}}

 box{ <-2,.1,-2.2>,<2,5.6,-3>
  texture{pigment{White}finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}
photons{ target refraction on reflection on}
 }

Post a reply to this message