POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface : Re: Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface
From: clipka
Date: 7 Mar 2009 07:20:00
Message: <web.49b266648416b8f940b1852c0@news.povray.org>
> clipka wrote:
> > You're right, overlapping both objects and doing a merge should do the job
>
> I'm not sure about this. Although ior belongs to interior physically,
> I think POV-Ray uses it only when a ray crosses a surface. But that
> surface is no longer there after the merge, is it?

If you read my whole post and not just the first sentence, you'll notice that I
am perfectly aware of this.

Full quote (emphasis added this time):

"You're right, overlapping both objects and doing a merge should do the job (IN
THIS CASE; it will DEFINITELY NOT do what you need for different liquids).
[...]"