POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface : Re: Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface
From: Mike
Date: 7 Mar 2009 12:20:01
Message: <web.49b2ac718416b8f9cb45af7a0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> You're right, overlapping both objects and doing a merge should do the job (in
> tis case; it will definitely not do what you need for different liquids). Did
> you test with plain boxes instead of isosurfs?
>
> Maybe you also have a max_trace_level issue here?

Ok.  I just tried to plain boxes overlapping using the merge command at it does
the same thing.  Actually, you have to mess with the lighting a bit in order to
actually see the trouble (looks good at first). I added a backlight, as I have
done for two of the images in the images section.
What I did:
I commented out all the isosurf stuff and added
box{ <-1.899,.21,-1.899>,<1.899,3.01,1.899>
to the top of the AlcoholRegion
and: box{<-1.899, 3,-1.899>,<1.899,5,1.899>
to the HeavyLiquidRegion
I did not comment out the rotate, translate.
The backlight stuff I had to add (many little LEDs)in order to visualize the
problem is:
#declare IndexX=-1.8;
#while (IndexX <=2)
    #declare IndexY=0.4;
    #while (IndexY <=5.6)
         light_source {
        <IndexX, IndexY, -2>
          color rgb <1, 0, 0>
           spotlight
           radius 150
           falloff 160
          point_at <IndexX,IndexY,0>
         }
#declare IndexY= IndexY +2;
#end
#declare IndexX=IndexX+2;
#end

Oh, and of course I uncommented the merge stuff so that I merge the two regions.
I have posted this new image in post I have going in the images section.

-Mike
P.S.  i Don't think it is max trace level because with the merge, the line is
not black, it is just visible.  And of course I did try messing with it with no
luck.