POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models
Date: 1 Nov 2006 06:40:01
Message: <web.454886817b19ba87731f01d10@news.povray.org>
I have a problem; I don't have an image to hand to illustrate it but it's
easy to describe.

When rendering a Daz figure, converted from .obj with PoseRay, I've noticed
some shadow artifacts in the vicinity of the head that I don't understand.
Basically, the shadow of the head contains unlit areas which correspond to
the shadows of the eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows. I don't see how these
areas can be showing up because a) they should be opaque themselves, and b)
the rest of the head should also block this region.

I've had a hunt around in POV-Ray and PoseRay's docs but I can't find any
probable causes. Has anybody else noticed this, and if so, what's going
on!?

I'll try to post an example later this evening or tomorrow.

Bill

Post a reply to this message