POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models : Re: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Nov 2006 05:05:01
Message: <web.4549c224da88e9cb731f01d10@news.povray.org>
FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/files/DAZ_test.png

With my scene that would produce artifacts. I've had a little play and it
seems only to occur at certain angles, when the light is shining partly
across the face.

> Can you tell me what type of lights did you use?
A normal point-light.

> Does this problem occur with the default free Aiko skin?
I've seen it happen with the default skin too.

> What skin did you use? I may have it so I can test it here.
I can't remember where I got it, but I think the character's called
Daniella.

I should also mention that I've seen this occur in both POV-Ray 3.6 and
MegaPov 1.21. I think it must be something I'm doing (or not doing) during
the export / conversion process... what did you use to convert the mesh? I
used PoseRay.

Thanks
Bill