POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models : Re: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models
From: Ive
Date: 2 Nov 2006 08:41:11
Message: <4549f577@news.povray.org>
Once I had similar artifacts (especially with the hair) when using DAZ figures.
As far as I remember (well, had no time for 'poving' since years) it had to do
with floating point (in)accuracy when using meshes with a scale like
1 PoV-unit = 1 m.
By scaling the mesh-figures (and of course the whole scene) in a way that
1 POV-unit equals 1 cm the artifacts went away.

Maybe you have the same problem...

regards
-Ive