POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models : Re: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models
From: Warp
Date: 2 Nov 2006 10:13:05
Message: <454a0b01@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Could it also be relevant that my Aiko is actually in a union?

  I don't know if it has any effect on the rendering result, but if
you make it a mesh it will take less memory (and perhaps be a bit
faster to render).

  As someone suggested in another answer, try scaling the mesh (eg. 10 times
larger if the vertex values are very small, or 10 times smaller if the
vertex values are very large) to see if it helps. You'll have to do this
scaling in the modeller program. I'm not talking about the 'scale' keyword
in povray.

--
                                                          - Warp