POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Input file size restrictions?? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Input file size restrictions?? (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: Input file size restrictions??
Date: 4 May 2006 12:59:13
Message: <445a32e1$1@news.povray.org>
> ensight, theres no loop constructs, its all straight mesh data. Granted its
> indexed face sets (mesh2 objects), so I'm not sure how that will get
> represented internally, but since the file is ascii and its internal
> representation will be binary, I assumed the memory image would be smaller
> than the file size.

	Ok, for mesh2{} it is indeed reasonable to guess that the object will
take less space in memory than its plain ascii description (particularly if
vertice coordinates are written with a sufficient precision) *unless* the
mesh carries individual texture(s) for each of its triangles.
	Is it the case in your file?

	- NC

Post a reply to this message