POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Input file size restrictions?? : Re: Input file size restrictions?? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Input file size restrictions??
From: space cadet
Date: 4 May 2006 16:55:00
Message: <web.445a6902bace7ee8339b0050@news.povray.org>
BAH!!!

I attempted the home build, and sure enough, trouble. Although it seems to
be not povray related.  I've pasted the end of the build verbose below. The
repeating assembler message (the NOP thing) actually appeared literally
hundreds of times throughout the build messages. I have no idea what it
means. But ultimately, it reports an error internal to the compiler. Its
using gcc and g++.

Oh well, just posting this in case this means anything to anyone, or has
ideas. But I understand its not a povray problem.

*********************

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I.. -I../source/base -I../source/frontend
-I../unix -I../libraries/png   -I/usr/X11R6/include   -pipe -Wno-multichar
-O3  -c -o mesh.o `test -f 'mesh.cpp' || echo './'`mesh.cpp
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:1061: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:1072: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:1088: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:1099: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:1131: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround mesh.cpp: In function `int
pov::Compute_Mesh_Triangle(pov::MESH_TRIANGLE*, int,
   double*, double*, double*, double*)':
mesh.cpp:1081: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.suse.de/feedback> for instructions.
{standard input}:8759: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:8770: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:8794: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:8810: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:8830: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:8846: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
{standard input}:8862: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to
workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/ccGLCUGm.out file, please attach this
to your bugreport.
make[2]: *** [mesh.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/u/poconn/povray-3.6.1/source'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/poconn/povray-3.6.1/source'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
poconn/povray-3.6.1>