POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I bake UV textures with Povray? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Can I bake UV textures with Povray? (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: ekolis
Subject: Can I bake UV textures with Povray?
Date: 19 Aug 2004 23:05:01
Message: <web.412569f73137e9f1406ebe00@news.povray.org>
I know there's a trick in Renderman to get the renderer to "bake" UV
textures from procedural textures, but is there a way to do the same in
Povray?
Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray?
Date: 20 Aug 2004 07:53:15
Message: <4125e62b$1@news.povray.org>
ekolis wrote:

> I know there's a trick in Renderman to get the renderer to "bake" UV
> textures from procedural textures, but is there a way to do the same in
> Povray?
> Thanks!

I'm not as familiar with baking textures as I am with cakes... Perhaps a
bit more detail will make this term less err-- esoteric.

I'm thinking that if you heat the UV Map to 350F, and leave it there
fore about 20 minutes, you'll have a nice fluffy sphere... ;)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message