POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I bake UV textures with Povray? : Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I bake UV textures with Povray?
From: ekolis
Date: 20 Aug 2004 14:25:00
Message: <web.412641a68e935ceebad14a680@news.povray.org>
Well, Tor Olav, your first example gives me a nice textured torus, albeit
with some seams, and the second gives me a sphere that looks like a planet,
but what I really want to do it actually save the UV-mapped texture itself,
not the 3D render. Is there any way to do that? (I'm trying to make models
for a game and I want to make the models in Wings, export to Povray, put in
some procedural textures, generate UV textures in Povray, convert my Wings
models to the game's .X format, and add the UV textures back in, because
the game doesn't support procedural textures. I'd use Renderman but the
current Wings->Renderman exporter won't let me have different textures on
different faces of an object, while the Povray exporter will, and that's
something I'd like to use if at all possible ;-)