POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color problem with image maps Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Color problem with image maps (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Renderdog
Subject: Re: Color problem with image maps
Date: 7 Feb 2003 12:35:03
Message: <web.3e43ed67c25eeb4b7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:

>The solution to that:
>
>Create the image with assumed_gamma 1.8 and display_gamma 1.8.
>
>Then render the final version of the image with display_gamma 2.2, but
>assumed_gamma left alone. The image will then look on PCs the way it looked
>on a mac while you were creating it.

Would it be better to create the image with assumed_gamma 1.0 and
display_gamma 1.8, so the image maps look correct, and then render
at display_gamma 2.2? How would the image look different between
these cases? Are there other reasons to prefer assumed_gamma 1.0?

BTW, I'd probably produce the final image with a display_gamma 2.0,
a compromise between the two, as I don't want to totally abandon my
fellow Mac users :-)

Post a reply to this message