POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color problem with image maps : Re: Color problem with image maps Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color problem with image maps
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Feb 2003 19:06:48
Message: <cjameshuff-250D18.19034509022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e443858$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:

> What about if you are doing an animation and you want the brightness to be
> the same on the projection screen as you see it on your Mac or PC?
> What's the best advice for such a scenario?

Set the display gamma to the gamma of the projection screen. If it is
different from the monitor, you won't be able to have it display the
same on both.
PNG can store gamma information, which would allow properly designed
software to display the image correctly, but I don't know if either POV
or any common software actually uses it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/