POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About THAT idea... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  About THAT idea... (Message 1 to 10 of 61)
From: Christian
Subject: About THAT idea...
Date: 12 Sep 2002 18:30:03
Message: <web.3d8114b21997f3778531b09b0@news.povray.org>
Hi guys, here's me, Christian.

I promised some days ago to post the content of a RTF file, to try to
explain better an idea I posted on the message titled "About a (maybe) cool
idea with blobs and splines" or something...

I've just declined to post that, because I realiazed that it'd be too comlex
(in the case it'd be possible) to materialize something like that (you were
right, Rune... that was the sigh about, man; don't take it personal), and
my main desire was to colaborate to make things like modelling and
animation more easy, not a LOT more complicated.

Maybe, if I simplifly and order my ideas, that'd be a modeller/animator
project, but with a regular mesh output. But as there're already good
quality free software that already do that (as Anim8or)... it'd be better
to just work on a "connection", right?

I still think that organic movements of objects GOT to be included in POV,
since they're just so beutifoul and cool...

I think it's a lot more factible to just implement internal support for
bones and morph targets, topics wich I'd like to discuss with you sometime
soon.

Well, so... ehm... bad idea (oups!)

Good bye then!

Post a reply to this message